IF AN ACCIDENT HAPPENS . . .
- Stop and take a moment to calm down.
Even if there was only minor damage and no injuries DO NOT leave the scene of the accident. Sit for a minute and take a couple of deep breaths.
- Dial 911.
If vehicles are blocking the roadway or if there are injuries requiring immediate medical attention, dial 911.
- Contact the Highway Patrol or Local Law Enforcement.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone but law enforcement and NEVER ADMIT FAULT. Remember, anything you say can be taken out of context and used against you.
- Fill out your Glove Compartment Accident Guide.
- Provide the other driver your driver's license, car registration and insurance information.
- Do not sign anything except a traffic ticket provided by law enforcement.
- Take pictures.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Contact your insurance carrier to report a claim
- Verify What Your Insurance Covers.
Confirm that your insurance will cover the costs for towing or a replacement rental car.
- Contact an attorney.